Sunday, March 7, 2010

7 Deadly Sins // Final Thoughts

OVERVIEW
Here are the final pages to my book titled Seven Sins. The book shows the personality of each sin and what they may look, dress, and write like as a human or what kind of human may best symbolize that sin. I did all of my research on wikipedia.

PROGRESS AND PROCESS
Throughout this process, I have learned a number of things.

1. The more you plan, the smoother things will go; photo shoot:
When setting up my to shoot my photos I set up the light with one person as a test to see where I consistently wanted the light to shine and effect the pictures, that way, I could get each person in there and shoot their picture in a matter of ten to fifteen minutes, with different variables but consistent lighting and cropping. This made things go extremely smooth. On top of that, I also made a check list to follow (making sure I had all the supplies, clothes, and props I needed for each picture) to make each picture cohesive. Here is a screen grab of the document that I used to follow:
2. Make sure you research, research, research; planing each photo:
The way I discovered and brainstormed how each sin should look, I read up on the definitions of each sin. Interpretation can be skewed when concepts are too outside of the box. This is why I decided to keep my concepts, clothes, and props simple. Adding a creative spin on top of simple concepts makes for an understandable outcome.

3. Know how your props work; the melting doughnut:
When I had my subject stuff a whole long john doughnut into their mouth she started almost panicking for me to, "Hurry and take the picture." I didn't realize that since doughnuts are made of about 99.9% sugar that once they meet a liquid, like saliva, it would start to dissolve. This was the only speed bump in my photo shoot. It made for .2 seconds of panic, 15 minutes of laughter, and 1,000 words of a great picture.

4. Iterations and listening to points made in critique are important; small details matter.
During the progress and development of my pages and layouts everything from layout order, color, orientation, and constant type sizes were considered. I learned that the more iterations you make, the more ideas you can narrow down or just straight up dismiss.

(Title page)

(Introductory text)

(Colophon page)

(Name tags for each sin)

FINAL SEVEN IMAGES
Envy

Greed

Gluttony

Lust

Pride

Sloth

Wrath

PICTURE DOCUMENTATION OF FINAL BOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment