Monday, January 23, 2012

To Infinity and Beyond

When considering where I want to be, how I want to get there, and what kind of life I want to live there are so many strategies that loop around in my head in order to become the person I am learning to become. The best shot I have at getting anywhere is taking chances and [as cliche as it sounds] following my heart. Let me explain:

Here's my checklist (which also has room for adding and subtracting characteristics):
[  ] People that are creative
[  ] A climate that either has definite seasons or beautiful weather
[  ] A company that values new and innovative ideas
[  ] Collaborative groups
[  ] I want to know my colleges on a name to name basis
[  ] I don't mind working for small or large clients
[  ] I want to work hard and be able to live comfortably
[  ] I know that I want to work in a firm with people that like what I like (more or less)
[  ] A firm that is interested in helping the same audiences as myself
[  ] A firm that knows there is a future and isn't always looking at the past

Career goals and strategy for getting there is hard work. Being social and making connections that was helps too. Once I complete my website, portfolio, and updating my resume (which I am in the process in right now), I will study firms that fit the following checklist above. Also, location doesn't tie me down at all. I have an idea of where I want to head but it's the type of people that I will be working for and the type of people that make up the community that I would be living in that matter to me.

Bottom line: I'm willing to give 110% to live and work somewhere that fits me – and I fit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment