Monday, October 17, 2011

NY Times Readings

For the first article, I was interested in the notion of having apps and sharing convinced down to the minimal amount of buttons and choices. I'm not easily impressed by apps that can do everything. Even if they are able to do a copious amount of work, all the buttons and options are super overwhelming for me.  My OCD kicks in and I find my time focusing more on the personal settings and what everything in my account history still exists and what I should edit or delete than actually using the application.

The thing that really sparks interactivity with these application is when they are embedded with imagination. Interacting with an app can be as simple as flipping a page like a book or as exciting as using it like a wheel of a car for a game.

As you can imagine, most of the more creative apps are the ones designed for the younger users that features stimulated teaching games and games that are just for fun. So how the hell do I design something for adults and young adults that will be informative and still create a memorable reaction? Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment