Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 6 Reading Response

Just started reading Eco-Effectiveness by McDonough & Braungart, Cradle to Cradle. I only got about half way through it and started to wonder if it was just me of if some pot smoking hippie tried to rewrite the chapters and I had downloaded the wrong pdf. First I was reading about soy inks and the next sections started off by asking a while what "growth" means. I could not get into this but finished it.

I then started reading Why Being "Less Bad" Is No Good. I started off thinking about the idea of rapid change and how when anything takes off too fast, it's bound to have consequences later. Not paying attention to the creation of waste and still allowing it to be produces still produces some amount or waste. Knock knock. Who's there? Duh creating waste is still waste. Man.

In the next article Catherine Gray speaks on sustainable business. With the company Natural Step they try to take big, big companies and teach and change them in a way to be aware of how they impact ecosystems. It's an interesting thought that they give a shit.

The way that I am making a connection with these articles is in accessing different materials and considering other ways of signage for the Ivanhoe community. I'm not nature freak but keeping the environment clean is important and every large movement starts with the little things. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment