Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Personal Project

Throughout this term, we were assigned a project that will be on going throughout the whole semester. This is kind of my idea.

PORTRAIT OF SELF AND OTHERS
Through using collections of images, projects, epiphanies, etc. that I’ve had I want to combine them and the same of others in a monthly online magazine. To make sure printing costs aren’t affecting my pocket, there will be one printed and scanned to put online for all readers to view for free. I also want to send up a file sharing system so people can share videos, music, etc on the site.

Contextualizes and supports my care to speak and “be heard” as well as any others who attribute to the magazine. It will demonstrate people’s talents or scope in on what they would like others to see. Instead of working for a project or a final outcome, this is a place where people can submit their work and challenge me to work with things on a grid other than square pictures and my own edited phrases.

People are affected by what sorts of information and data they consume on a daily basis and because my physical voice isn’t very loud, I want to make it very apparent.

Help make connections between people through an online community. Creating this creative population will add volume to the voices of people and the people around them. Coming to a new school, I have been forced to “start all over” in a sense and the feeling of being uncomfortable has really got me to notice and get stressed about impression. I know what I want to say; I just need a “megaphone” to get the point out. I want to help others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment