Friday, April 2, 2010

Book Jacket Series // Round II

FOLLOW UP
After my final class critique, I have decided that the following changes need to be made.

CHANGES
-Fix the background of the book.
-Consider the bar/band.
-Look at other typefaces.
-Change images to duotone
-Mix up the tone of the books; consider moving from light to dark.

BACK PAGE
For my back pages, I added a different image that had a little more to do with the book, instead of butcher paper. Also, this new texture would add more color and a different texture to each book. Here are my thoughts:

Planting book; grass.
Rituals and spirits; dirt (earth).
Growing up; fur.
Craft & Lore; leather.

EXAMPLE

BAD EXAMPLE
Here is an example of what I am NOT doing (because it is ugly). It was worth a short thought to see what it would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment